Sunday, February 27, 2011

The 2011 "A Cat and Me" Awards

I asked my dog Fred if he'd like to watch the Academy Awards tonight. Being a dog he thought I said "A Cat and Me Awards". Now he's not speaking to me and he unplugged the TV.

As far as the awards go. I'm for James Franco in '127 Hours'. and Colin Firth can kiss my Thespian ass. I like 'The Social Network' and '127 Hours'. I don't favor 'The King's Speech' or 'The Fighter'. Little Marky Mark Wahlberg is another one who can kiss my "movie going ass". I hope Black Swan gets something because Natalie Portman worked her ass off (literally) for that portrayal and I just like Portman to begin with. Jeff Bridges in 'True Grit', for all the "Cine-noir" the brought to that film, it's still a "been there done that" type of film which also goes for 'The Kids Are All Right' which in terms of a movie might be called 'The Kids Are All Wrong'. Bruce Willis said he favored 'The Kids Are All Right' which confirms my disdain for the film. Ya, like his "Die Hard" franchise, '12 Monkeys' and Armageddon qualifies him as a pundit in "The Art of Film Making". Face it, in terms of 'The Art of Film Making" you can't beat the proverbial wolf chewing off his own paw for the sake of his posterity. Especially when it's a "true friggin story". Any films I didn't mention here probably don't matter. I'm Porcupine Smith









2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen any of the movies. I hope Toy Story 3 wins. Very funny blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading Michelle, my faithful friend & fan! :)

    ReplyDelete